Thread: Feet on Fire
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 02:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I ditto what Vrae said regarding getting confirmation from a doctor about spread.. we know the pain/symptoms intimately so we really don't need confirmation. What you may need is additional treatment aimed solely at reducing symptoms (if possible) to those new areas.

My spread happened almost exactly like Vrae explained except that it mirrored to the opposite leg inside of a month and then to the arms 3 months later. My arms have only been involved for just about 2 weeks and started initially with intermittent muscle spasms, then random shocks and then constant burning that hasn't stopped since it began. I can't recall how my leg mirroring began as some of that pain is masked through my SCS thankfully.

Wednesday I will start my first lidocaine infusion on an outpatient basis. We are waiting for insurance to approve a 5 day inpatient infusion that has had good results lasting 2-4 months mostly for mechanical allodynia which would make the winter months much easier for me to handle if it is successful.. I hope it is. Maybe it is something you could also look into or discuss with your PM doctor? Adjusting medications or trying new ones might also be worth discussing. Are you using and medicated compound creams?
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (11-04-2013), Vrae (11-04-2013)