Thread: Feet on Fire
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 03:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSD RENEE View Post
Also, now that I took a break from the Fear Thread, last night I had those "thoughts" that I don't want to have about what to do when the pain gets so bad and there's nothing that can be done for it. I feel so bad having these thoughts but I did. And then I started thinking about not wanting extra measures taken when I get to the point when this is too much to bear. I think I'm going to keep that in my living will, but want to try everything I can to avoid those "thoughts". Last night it was extremely difficult not to think of them. But I tried to think of my son and husband and how much I still want to do. I want to be with them as long as possible, but when I'm at the pain level I was in last night, I just wanted to make it go away and started thinking of things to do that like jumping off a bridge. I wouldn't really do that, but the thought was there. I don't want to be a downer, but I just need to vent again. Thanks again for listening.
Oh Renee, gosh I’ve been there too, more times than I care to admit. It’s tough because all you want is for the pain to STOP, just STOP, or at a minimum to simmer down a bit. It’s in those moments that you must remember that this too shall pass. The flare will pass and your emotions will settle. And it can be amazing how everything looks different in a new day. However, in the moments that you speak of, its damn hard to look toward tomorrow. I have literally felt at times as though I am losing my mind. No joke, really losing it. I hear there’s evidence to back this up. Something about the discharge of our pain in our limbic system in our brains. Yes, remember those who love you and whom you love, and how devastating that would be for them for the rest of their lives. Gosh, I so understand and wish I could give you a gentle hug and tell you it’s all going to be okay, somehow, someway.

PS.. did you say you're on Gabapentin? That can also be a side affect.

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. Japanese proverb,

Last edited by Vrae; 11-04-2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: to add PS
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (11-04-2013), RSD ME (11-04-2013), zookester (11-04-2013)