Thread: Hand Gets Cold
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 03:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSD RENEE View Post
My rsd hand and wrist get ice cold and stiff when I try to type with it too much. It also gets a tingly burning sensation. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm just wondering why this is happening. Thanks.
Posture, arthritis, cervical spine issues, TOS, Reynauds, diabetes and other things can cause this to happen along with CRPS/RSD.

Try sitting up straight concentrate on your breathing and gently roll your shoulders by making circles with them, then follow that with a few shoulder shrugs (holding it in the shrug for a second or two) and then relaxing. This usually helps with cervical tension and helps blood circulate.

Check also that your keyboard, mouse, chair and monitor are at proper ergonomic height as this can play havoc on already weakened muscles and blood flow.

Tingly/numbness that is positional rather than constant makes me wonder if you do not have something going on in your spine? This can easily be overlooked by medical professionals especially after being diagnosed with RSD.
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (11-04-2013)