View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 07:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusf View Post
Hi everyone I'm hoping to find others with similar symptoms!

Since May 2011 I having been having episodes in the morning when I am unable to move or make any sound, for anything up to 4 hours. I have limb jerks, migrainous head pain, tingling, afterimages, photosensitivity etc

Sometimes it starts after I've been out of bed (eg to toilet) or have been talking on the phone, so it's not always straight as I wake up, but it's always in bed. I can't always control opening my eyes but if they're open I can move them around and can usually control blinking.

The shortest has been about 10-15mins and the longest 4hours, and I've had a few days when I've had multiple episodes one after the other.

Afterwards I feel drained, tired, and the head pain and neuro symptoms persist for a while. In between episodes I have varying neuro symptoms and head pain to varying degrees. At the moment I'm getting several a month.

MRI and CT when this started were normal. Neuro has diagnosed chronic migraine syndrome, including the paralysis as a "rare but known symptom". I am now on Propanalol, Nortriptyline and Topiramate (still increasing the dose).

I'm not convinced on the diagnosis but I'm wondering has anyone had anything similar??
I have also experienced temporary paralysis. It comes and goes in clusters for me since 2005. Just this year I was diagnosed with Papilladema and idiopathic intracranial pressure. I chalked it up to the pressure in my head since I couldn't find a neuro that thought I really suffered from paralysis. We also thought it was potassium related but had an episode in doctors office and they tested my levels and they were fine. So we scratched that off the list. I also have TOS, Myoclonus and dystonia. I'm currently working with doctors to see if I have both my first ribs removed if it would get rid of my neuro problems. Sorry to hear you are dealing with this as well.
jene_rae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote