View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 08:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGuy123 View Post
Hello everyone. I'm in my mid-thirties with congenital hydrocephalus. I am so foggy headed, I feel so frustrated and incompetent. Lately it's really been bothering me, I guess the older I get the more it troubles me that I'm not "normal." Honestly, I feel like such a dummy and it seems like nobody understands. Does anyone else have similar experiences?

I think anytime the brain is messed with, including surgeries insertion of foreign objects, etc., I think you injure a little part of the brain and the more you have the more damage is done. I am convinced I have learning disabilities because of hydro and the many shunt revisions I have had. Sometimes I feel angry that no one caught on to my LDs. But inspite of it, I graduated college with 2 degrees. I totally get the foggy-headed feeling and the feeling like I just am not as smart as others. But I try hard to focus on what I can do and what I have accomplished. Still though, it's hard not to feel bitter. I totally get what you are feeling.
Katie79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote