Thread: My cat Phoebe
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 01:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

mrsD and RSDRENEE, thanks so much for your kind words. It's probably a bit odd for me to be posting about my cat here when (a) it's old news by new and (b) I haven't been around here much.

But I've actually met one person on the MS board in person and have "known" quite a number of others online for many years and, just in case anyone remembers me, I thought a few cat photos and even an announcement about them might not be a bad idea.

I've almost always had a cat in residence. Phoebe was diagnosed with an inoperable cancer in May, and I could do nothing for her but watch her fade out. It was sad.

I've always believed that the best way to get over a lost pet was to get another one--though not if you still expect to get your previous pet back because that certainly won't happen.

This time, though, I'm having to realize that the strain of caring for an ailing pet was almost too much for me.

I'm still going around my place expecting to see Phoebe in one of her usual places or to hear her saying something. I've busied myself with collecting all my photos of her into an album where I can look at them. I do have wonderful memories of my time with her, and I was very lucky to have been the housemate of such an affectionate and basically healthy cat.

MS diagnosed 1980. Type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis, osteopenia.
Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10. Currently: Glatopa (generic Copaxone), 40mg 3 times/week, 12/16/20 - 3/16/24
agate is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (11-05-2013), RSD ME (11-05-2013)