View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 09:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi there -

I too had Graves. I was treated for 2 years w tapazol. My eyes were outrageously buggy. When I see neuro now for MG it is sometimes mentioned that I have a little residual eye issue from Graves but otherwise it isn't really addressed. I also have insane dry eye which completley went away on the prednisone but now that I am off it is terrible again. I feel like this exacerbates my ptosis.

Hope this helps! Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamiezz View Post
I have had Graves Disease for over 10 years along with the associated thyroid eye disease (mild involvement). Thyroid has been ablated with RAI 5 yrs ago and later Total thyroidectomy 3yrs ago.

Long story short my Rt eye now has ptosis (worsens as day progresses) and the left one is compensating so the LT lid becomes more retracted the more the Rt one droops. I have never experienced double vision.

I have recently been to a Neurologist and he believes I have MG. Apparently MG & TED can commonly coexist.

He has started me on Mestinon low dose 30mg(half tab) 3 x Daily until he gets the results of Ach Receptor Antibodies test back. He did say it may come back negative and so may need to do an electrical nerve test.

I have noticed slight improvement with mestinon and noticed an increase in energy. I can tell if I am late to take the meds or if I forget to take one then symptoms worsen.

I find it hard sometimes as I quite often get a little more pain behind my ptosis eye and dryness in both not sure sometimes which problem is causing what at times. My ptosis eye closes when I am out in the sun not sure if this happens in MG or if it is from the TED.

Are there many here with both thyroid eye disease and MG ?

Those of you who only have MG and no thyroid eye disease do you experience pain and dryness in your ptosis eye at all?
Needananswer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote