View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 11:00 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default not to worry

That color variation is good evidence that you got what you paid for. First, as a product with minimal processing you should expect the steps for getting a uniform color to be the first thing to go overboard. The customer wants it brown and dirty. Mucuna is a bean - one helluva bean that requires a nuclear powered food processer to crack. It is the coating or skin of the bean that gives different colors. The inner "meat" of the bean is more cream colored.

Second, mucuna is a low-profit item and the money just isn't there to finance much tampering. What I mean is that no one in their right mind is going to slip anything into my $ 20 bag of MP if it takes a $ 400 plane ticket to get there. Unless you are running a Big Pharma false flag operation....

Third, you can easily test your own sample. Just let it get on something wet. It is the blackest and messiest stain that you can imagine. Use OxyClean. It is the only thing that touches it.

And finally, a little game of mucuna trivial pursuit- Who owns the patent rights to the use of MP to relieve fhe suffering of PD? What? You say that you didn't think that ancient knowledge going back 5,000 years could be patented? Oh, innocent ones.

Hand me the envelope please--- The world wide patent rights to any use of mucuna pruriens in the treatment of PD was granted about ten years ago to a group of eight of the top neurologists in the world with the US representative being the most-published neuro in the US. Yes, that is correct, ladies and gentlemen, we are speaking of Dr. "Oh, THAT million dollars in unreported consulting fees, Your Honor!" Warren Olanow of New York's Cedar Sinai. Some have dared to suggest that this was a tactic to bottle up research on mucuna when it became clear that Big Pharma was going to have a problem when MP rode into town and shot their cash cow. But that was just the cynical muttering of some disgruntled patients who mattered no more than a disgruntled South African manganese miner.
I'm sure they will share the research. Any day now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybird View Post
Thank you all for your valued advice, especially when itīs advice you wish you had had. That is truly altruistic.
I think I favour the ideas of R and L, but I appreciate the input of S.
The next quandry is "how do I know the mucuna I have sent away for is without contamination?". This is in line with another thread going at the moment.I have sent for organic complete mucuna, itīs a brown colour as opposed to some that are white. I presume they have extracted some substances. I go with Rev. on this one. I would rather take the whole plant. However, how do I know itīs not contaminated?............I know there have been instances of that.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote