View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 02:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default hello

Detox sucks. I quit my oxycodone cold turkey and my dr gave me promethazine for the nausea, a pill for the poopies, and xanax to help control the shakes and most importantly, to sleep. If u can, lock yourself in bed for a few days and try to sleep through it. The cold sweats, shaking, and overall feel of the worst flu ever only lasted about 5 days for me. I have a small child so I couldn't hide. Longest 5 days of my life. But its way cheaper than any sort of resort. I also found that smoking a little grass was a lifesaver! Above all, get something to help u sleep. Otherwise the 5 long days are never ending bc u will NOT sleep without some assistance.

After u get through it, u will feel like a champ! I haven't taken a pain pill since april 2nd and I will never forget that date. Dealing w the pain was an entire new battle, but I did a ton of research and w the advice of the ppl on this site, I actually have my pain under control enough to get a job! I have dealt w chronic pain for over a decade and now, after diet changes, light weight lifting, swimming and knowledge, I'm great. I was so miserable and depressed for 10 yrs and now I feel so good and alive! I never thought that would be possible for me. I still have bad days, but only a handful a month instead of everyday and that's a deal I will make any day!
Fixmeup11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (11-06-2013)