View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 04:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Nice to meet you ElaineD :)

Welcome to the community. I'm fairly new but have received a lot of support and information from these wonderful and knowledgeable people.

My neuropathy (feet and hands) started a month after my chemo ended (Mar 2013). I actually didn't know what was wrong at the time. My grown children were great and understanding but my husband didn't come on board with my problems until he saw my skin punch biopsy and took me to a few dr's visits. He thinks if your arm is not cut off and blood is spurting everywhere you're ok....lol....and no, they can't actually SEE the problem so it makes it hard for them to understand.

I'm sure my fellow readers will get tired of me telling this story but....my mother is 82.....she walked over to the recliner one day, looked at my feet and said "Well they look ok"....thanks Mama ! She said it in a kind way but it was funny.

I went from a very active, working mom and Grammy to staying home 99% of the time. This has all happened in 6 months time. Reading up on PN may help them understand better what you are going through.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote