View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 08:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I really hate ignorant doctors and want to scream at them and other ignorant people when they say things like this. I see it all the time...hear people comment about people using scooters who "look fine but are just too fat and lazy to walk around." Makes me want to slap them...they have NO IDEA what any other person might be going through.

When you have terrible, awful pain it naturally leads to a more sedentary lifestyle. Even for me who still works full time at a job where I am on my feet a lot...I spend a LOT more of my life sitting, resting, recovering, trying to build up the courage to do it all again tomorrow, etc. I've gained 30 lbs since I got this stupid condition and I just don't have enough in me to work it off. And why should I put myself through that sort of misery trying? My focus is on my quality of life overall...I know my limits and do my best to live within those limits. I feel guilty enough and frustrated about all the things I used to be able to do that I can't now...what right do other people have to make me feel more guilty than I already do?

Ugh...you focus on yourself and what you know you need. Scream as much as you need and vent as much as you want...we have to get these frustrations out somehow. Only someone with this condition can REALLY understand what you are going through and what a difficult thing it is to live with. I have come to terms with this and while those other people who say stupid, ignorant things frustrate me to no end...I just try to remind myself that they don't matter to me...they are nothing in my world. And when DOCTORS say those sorts of things...I leave and find a new one because how can they help me if they are so clueless and ignorant?
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (11-07-2013), Nanc (11-07-2013), pooh_ac (11-07-2013), RSD ME (11-07-2013), St George 2013 (11-07-2013)