View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 10:34 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Tessa!

GERD/PUD: Me either, but I guess it will be my new homework / research project. Thank you so much for the advice on gastroparesis! I know what you’re saying is true and yet as I am reading it and I am thinking that I have a LOT of work to do to change my eating habits. After last night it’s pretty much in my face that I have to make some changes. It was really painful and still feels swollen in that area to me. It’s all weird.

May I ask, why no fluids with meals? No salad and no raw veggies? … well damn. I will miss those!

I love to cook. Of course it is becoming a chore more than pleasure anymore, and now in many more ways than one. We have such a large family still at home that I tend to try and cook things that stretch. It’s become such a hassle with my guts that I have been just avoiding eating and then eating one meal a day, and maybe a snack along the way through my day. This wouldn’t be good if I had no stomach issues.

I’m sure that you can relate when I say that the days take on a life of their own and making, taking time for me, is some days next to impossible. I have so many lifestyle changes that MUST be made. I feel like I am going in s-l-o-w motion while drowning in my “to do” list. The kids, the husband, our business, his job, school for everyone, my father in law, the house, the animals, this damn virus … oh and my disease(s), now plural I guess.

Without any doubt I am truly blessed to have this wonderful, wonderful man in my life. My partner, my lover, my best friend, my confidante. We have had a magical love affair that has lasted over a decade. I can’t even imagine life without him. With that said, I feel like I am wearing him down. I can see the extra stress on him coming from so many directions and it frankly aggravates me beyond measure that I am a part of that additional stress. <sigh>

Thank you for the kind words about my father in law. My husband and his brother are going to visit him during Thanksgiving. I am hoping they can make a few more good memories during what will be such a tough time for all of them.

Thanks again to you and the others for your response. You guys are the best! I’m off to try and have a much better day and see what I can knock off of that list of mine. VR

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. Japanese proverb,
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (11-07-2013), zookester (11-07-2013)