View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 12:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Very true Tessa. Feeling better about ourselves in any way at all is a major bonus these days! (I'm not saying this is what anyone should do lol, or making a judgement.) Personally, I eat only the odd square of dark chocolate now instead of at one point eating far too much of the sugary fatty stuff out of sheer misery. Every time I say no or reject a tasty looking bag of crisps, I give myself a little mental slap on the back and a 'well done'. It does boost you. Plus I find that eating less sugar and processed fats is making me feel a bit more alert and less stressed than I was. I can't jog around the block, lift weights or swim (pool is too cold now for my arm, getting out into the cold was torture and undid any benefits...) - but I can eat healthily and feel good about the fact that I'm giving my system a better chance than before Not that I don't have the odd naughty day lol, or little 'sod it' moment .

As I've said so many times, we each do the best we can - and that's different for everybody. But little achievements can feel good too, and when the bigger ones become more unlikely, even a small glow is better than none.

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (11-07-2013), zookester (11-07-2013)