View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 01:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Tessa, Thanks for your caring advice. The comment made from my husband and brother were meant to help alleviate the pain not take it away. I just overreacted because I was having a bad pain day and am still recovering from surgical menopause. I was having terrible hot flashes and get very moody. Worse than usual! The comment my pm dr made I think was also to help alleviate the pain, but I felt he doesn't really know much about rsd and that maybe there are more options. Maybe I'm wrong though. My brother has a PhD in child psyhcology and he has delt with several rsd patients and doesn't have alot to offer me either. He and my husband and my pm dr understand, it's just they can't do much at this point for me and it's scary and frustrating. My pm dr said after two years there's not much that can be done except for meds and exercise for rsd.
As for the cancer comment, I didn't mean to come across like exercise doesn't help cancer patients, I just meant that the pain level for non terminal cancer is apparantly lower than rsd pain, so why don't they get the same responses like loosing weight and exercising when there in pain. I should have been more specific. sorry. I just don't think people say that stuff to them, I know I never have. It was just my opinion. I didn't mean to offend anyone who has cancer.

And I agree with you and Bram that it helps to exercise when one can. I lost 35 lbs prior to my rsd on weight watchers and became a lifetime member. Then I got rsd, was put on prednisone and gained 25 lbs back from that and then the rest from being in too much pain because of my rsd and two surgeries to move too much. I'm trying to walk a little each day now, but now my feet are burning as well as my hands and it hurts to walk on them. And I can't even enjoy my chocolate because I feel so naseaus from my stomach problems. Hopefully my endo dr can fix that at least. Anyway, I'm trying to exercise and loose weight and be positive, but I feel like someone is sticking needles in the bottom of my feet and fingers are sore from typing and just want to go to bed right now. It's just a bad pain day for me. It's lousy out and I have a headache too. I'm hoping that this too shall pass, like you've all told me before. And I'm trying not to borrow trouble like Vrae's mom used to say. I just need to wait it out. Sorry again if I offended anyone. I didn't mean too. Thanks for all of your caring and great advice.
RSD ME is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (11-07-2013)