Thread: Where to start
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 05:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Where to start

Hi all,

Hope you don't mind me posting on here, looking for some advice. Long story will try to keep it short. Basically I fell down a very steep flight of stairs when on holiday. On the way down I kept my head off the stairs but the back of my neck (with the pointy bit between the shoulder blades (technical description ) is) slammed about 20 steps on the way down until my foot and arm stopped my progress. I was sore for a few days with a broken toe and bruised arm, but I didn't think much about it. I remember feeling quite tired that afternoon but thats about it.

The next few days went by no problems, then about a week later, all of a sudden I couldn't move and felt like I'd been hit by a virus, really bad headache, stupid dizzy and worst of all, loud tinnitus like after a rock concert - a constant sizzling noise/white noise/high pitched.

I went to see the doctors and they thought I might have MS as it runs in my family. However I went and had an MRI, by now about a month had passed, and I was clear for MS and no signs of any problems with my brain, upper neck. I was referred to physio for suspected soft tissue damage.

OK so that was a year ago, and I'm still dizzy, but not like vertigo is supposed to be, more like a visual disturbance, difficult to keep my eyes open, difficult to focus my eyes, and I don't like bright lights. Am I a vampire? I guess my vision slightly shimmers would be a way to put it.

My neck is still stiff and sore and I get Shiatsu once every 10 days which does seem to help. I did physio for three months and it did pretty much nothing.

I'm about to be referred to an ENT as I have a sinus like pressure between my eyes and a headache just above the pituitary gland area. I think my GP thinks I'm mad.

The biggest problem for me is that I feel like I have to try about three times as hard to focus and concentrate every day, this brain fog I guess. But as the doctor said the MRI was clear I have no idea what's going on.

Any suggestions greatfully received.
kw11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote