View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 08:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
So sorry this happened to you. I am just waiting for the shoe to drop on me too as I have had an individual policy for nearly 40 years. I am just hoping to hang on for the next two years. I have said many many times, it does not matter how great the coverage if your doc and hospital do not accept it or vice versa.
I know what you mean about waiting for the shoe to drop.. I actually heard through our company grapevine that BCBSIL may cancel our policies.. the thing is many of them also don't show (except in the fine print) the many things they don't cover. Like vision and dental for adults, off label prescriptions and even chiropractic care. I know many people don't believe in chiro.. but mine has been helping me and knows more about CRPS II than many of the PM's I consulted with.. I had it with my old plan I should have it with my new plan.

I actually made several calls today to find out how much it would cost on a cash basis.. and now I am thinking about going that route with a catastrophic plan for major issues if one arises. Here is an example of what one doctor would cost me with cash vs. billing an insurance company.

Currently I pay a $25 co-pay to my PM.
He bills BCBSIL $356.00 for a 20 min. basic visit
BCBSIL pays him $156.00 after the contract discount

If I pay cash I would only be charged $82.50.. SHOCKING.. really!! Think I'm going cash.. my reasoning.. being that there is no cure or real treatment other than medications and I won't be having surgery unless it is life/death situation due to the CRPS II and I can't have MRI's because of my SCS.. unless I cancer raises its ugly head again or something else catastrophic I am better off paying cash in the long run I would be about $400+ dollars ahead every month.

Ugh.. it is just another stress to our already stressful lives.
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (11-07-2013)