View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 08:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepentia View Post
DWR37- Hmm that would be interesting! My surgeon is Dr. Michael Lavor- same as your daughters?

Curby- yes it sounds like surgery is in your future!! I'm sorry that I can't offer input on any Philly docs. Maybe take a look at one of the stickys on the main TOS page of surgeons listed? Or create a new post entirely asking for recommendations near PA?
Yep, surgery is in the future...the near future. Just hunting up some docs and trying to learn what is important to ask/know about surgery, approaches, etc. My son is so relieved to have a diagnosis, and so am I.

Wondering...you had transaxillary approach, right? Was your first rib removed completely to the sternum, or only partially? I am waiting for a call from his potential surgeon to ask some specific questions about the plan of attack. Apparently the details really matter to long term success, like having a complete rib removal, and having scalenes removed and not just cut? Am I understanding that right? Or is that just the theory of some docs (that those criteria are necessary to long term success, or maybe they are just applicable to n/tos?)...I feel like I have so much to learn and so little time...we are told not to dally too long or the situation will become complicated with a blood clot.
curby is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote