View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 10:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes, I had surgery at Rogue Regency Medical Center in Medford, Oregon. The doctor was vascular surgeon David Street.

I had straight up Paget Schroetter Syndrome with fairly urgent surgery. I developed a swollen arm which was from a blood clot with no other symptoms until it was obvious. I was admitted to the hospital right from my first appointment with Dr. Street, had a venogram that showed the blood flow stopped at the first rib, clot buster for 2 days and surgery the 3rd day. He said it was all pretty textbook for me.

Nothing has happened that would make me think it's reoccurring or happening on the other side. I just asked because it took me so much by surprise that it happened at all and I want to be prepared for anything! This experience has made me super paranoid. The surgeon said he couldn't legally promise me it would never happen again but he was 99% sure in my case that it wouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Did you have the surgery in Oregon?
If so what Dr & hospital?

As to re occurrence , anything is possible. But usually not this soon unless something else was the cause..

Did tests show a clear cause of compression for you, or did you start having blot clots, so surgery was fairly urgent?
Emilina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote