View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 02:15 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookester View Post
my COBRA benefits will run out in in August and it is very expensive so I thought possibly with the new healthcare plan that I could save some money and switch over. OMG was I shocked.. not only are the prices higher than what I am paying, the deductibles are 7K-12K and out of pocket more than quadruples what I currently pay per year.......

I consulted with every single PM doctor who has an understanding of CRPS II/Causalgia within a 4 hour radius of where I live who I felt would work well with the rest of my medical team.....

then I decided to see what medicaid offered because I would qualify for that but wanted to stay with private insurance for better options in care.. again NOT ONE doctor is accepting medicaid patients and if I sign up I would have to go to whomever 'they' decide I should see. Utterly stupid!

Are you saying that using Medicaid for Healthcare would cost you MORE than you are paying with your COBRA plan ?

I understand how frustrating it can be to get adequate care for RSD even when living near a major medical hub. There have been many posters here though who don't have ANY pm docs who understand RSD within a 4 hour commute.

The "they" who decide which doctors Medicaid patients can see are usually not the administrators of the Medicaid plans......the "they" who decide which doctors Medicaid patients can see are usually the doctors themselves who refuse to accept those patients because they feel the reimbursement rates are far too low.

I am grateful that we live in a country where it is possible to get decent health care for many conditions (it's obvious from this forum that so many with RSD are NOT getting great treatment for THIS condition ) I just wish it all didn't cost so dang much !

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote