Thread: Pain during MRI
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 02:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

When I went for the MRI I was already on a couple of muscle relaxants. plus I am claustrophobic so it was open..This is one I can lay down and take.. but it was open.. the vibration hurt yes, but at some points it felt like the pain was being drawn from my bones to the surface and it just hovered over me like an intense blanket of hot,stabbing,prickling piercing and scraping pain that saturated me.. I didn't ask to stop because I need these test. and no they do not use contrast on me .. this was by far not My first MRI nor will it be my last. in fact the spine dr is fighting to get me another test for my neck, but what the hell am I going to do. then.. the test of my lumbar spine was 30 minute test the one of my cervical spine is almost an hour.. as far as stress .. Im sure you all know what I mean when I say Im am always stressed out now. but I calm my self before the MRI,s because even though it is an open MRI the machine still constricts at points, when it comes around to the front. I have to remember to mention this to my neurologist.. .. all medical testing is becoming unbearable all the way around.. I went for another EMG 3 days ago.. again not my first rodeo with them.. and they always caused immediate pain but never long term.. this time I was in tears through the entire test.. and I still feel like the needles are in my legs and the shock probe is at my heals.. 3 days.. well ……..Thank you for your responses.. I hope you all fair better than this… god bless.. and be well