View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 11:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi

Hi Halfnelson

Not sure that I can help with the medical side of this but I know for myself that the site of impact - for me - still gives me a sensation even after 10mo. For the longest time I could not stand any pressure on the back of the head - it does get better though.

Check out: www.tbiguide.com

This was the first - and only place that I could find that discusses the different symptoms for different sites of your injury. Certainly explained many of my symptoms. Also keep in mind that the first impact of your brain is the opposite side of your injury - so you really have 2 injured parts of your brain. At the beginning - the site of injury - back of the head - caused my problems - now the front of my brain is giving me issues - my doctor explained that all parts do not heal at the same time and rate - often the more serious is the last to heal.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfnelson View Post
Hi all,

I'm beyond the end of my tether with this tingling sensation in my head near the site of impact.

What the hell is it?? Does anyone know??

It becomes worse with any kind of physical or cognitive exertion. Then the other symptoms (e.g. slowed thinking, difficulty speaking) begin.

Is it reduced blood flow? Sensitivity to increased blood flow? Reduced glucose uptake?

All MRI's and other tests are normal.

Doctors say there is nothing wrong with me but that I should not undertake strenuous exercise... Isn't that a contradiction?

Thanks as usual - I'm feeling hopeless about this sorry
GingerandBella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote