View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 11:38 AM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--either a central nervous demyelinating condition (such as MS or a related syndrome) or some thing that might involve upper cervical spinal compression of nerve roots or parts of the spinal cord. A compressive peripheral neuropathy such as thoracic outlet syndrome is also a possibility.

Is there any history of either in your past or family? Do you have any recent history of injury?

I'm not a doctor, of course, but the symptom pattern is ambiguous enough that it would be hard to tell if the symptoms are central nervous system vs. peripheral nervous system without imaging (and even that may not tell decisively), as the symptoms of central nervous system problems as opposed t peripheral ones can be exactly the same.

I would think that your physicians would want to get you MRI's of brain and spine quickly, even without being sent to a neurologist first; is there an insurance hold-up with that?
Hey, thanks for your reply!

The doctor didn't think it sounded anything like MS because my symptoms came and went, and moved around so much. He said in conditions like that, it would more likely affect one part of the body and stay there for awhile, not come and go every few hours or even every few days.

No, I have no family history (nor personal history) of anything related to this. I haven't had any injuries that would have caused something like this either.

I have researched so many conditions involving the nervous system and the problem is it doesn't really fit the pattern of like, anything. With peripheral neurophathy and other conditions it appears to affect parts such as the feet/lower legs and hands. But this is not really in my feet or hands at all - its my upper left arm, left leg and the left side of my face? And these sensations come and go so much - every day it seems like it's jumped to a different spot! Some days I feel no tingling at all.

I have a medicaid type coverage right now, so it's VERY limited. I don't have many options. I think my doctor just thinks it isn't serious enough to be concerned about, and the insurance won't cover an MRI/CAT, so he didn't even mention it as a possibility - just that I would have to wait several months to see a neurologist. :/
wendyjane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote