View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 03:38 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

brainstemmed,

There is a common problem with doctors. They do not recognize a diagnosis for which they do not have a treatment.

It is like going to an orthopedist and complaining. I lost my arm due to an accident with a circular saw, I want treatment to get my arm back. The ortho will just send you away. In a rare occasion, he may refer you to someone to help with residual nerve pain or a psych who can help with phantom limb syndrome.

Neuro's have little to no skills treating concussion injuries because there are very few things that can be done. The brain needs to heal itself.

You sound like you may present to the doctors as a cyber-chondriac. That is a person who knows all the symptoms and diagnoses from reading online. Doctors often react negatively to such patients.

Have you been through a neuro-rehab clinic for diagnosis and possible treatment ? That is likely your best option.

What symptoms are you wanting treatment for and what outcomes are you expecting from such treatment ?

Go ahead and make the long list. Please try to leave the emotional angst out. It can easily sidetrack many of us as we try to help. As the saying goes, Just the facts, ma'am.

For example,

Insomnia, I need help getting better and more restful sleep

Word finding, I need to learn skills to help with word finding

Every concussion / injury symptoms needs to be considered individually. There are no broad treatments.

Why are you taking Ritalin ?

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote