View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 05:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
You won your appeal on a procedural error--a positive thing, and easier to prove than the ALJ made the wrong decision based upon the medical evidence. SSDI/SSI rulings are based upon medical/legal evaluations. Those technicalities often mean the difference between a Fully Favorable Decision and a Denial.

The DOT (Dictionary of Occupational Titles) was written in 1986 and the job descriptions as written can seem insanely outdated, but that doesn't change the reality that is what a Vocational Expert uses to determine if you are capable of working.

A I mentioned previously in the thread, some ALJ's don't trust the credibility of a RFC without a Functional Capacity Evaluation...
The VE's are really a joke, unfortunately not a good one! I do hope its a positive thing, I've been waging this fight for ten years, I am at the end, one way or another this is going to be it.

I'll tell you what I'm afraid of, I share the opinion of a few SSDI experts who believe that the SSA sees a cancer diagnosis and they purposely target them, knowing that the odds are quite good that they can outlast them through the process.

I do believe that....
Direwolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (11-10-2013)