View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 12:06 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

*tkrik cautiously raising her hand* ME!

I was just dx this summer with Sjogrens and Lupus. I wasn't 100% on board with the rheumatologist and will be getting a second opinion. However, I was in the ER this past weekend and in addition to digestive symptoms, which is why I was there, I had swollen (and I mean swollen) fingers with a red/purple swollen joint area on one of them and my left eye was so dry it felt like it was burning, not gritty but burning. The nurse said it was Lupus or Sjogrens acting up. So, I am now pretty convinced that I do in fact have them. My current rheumatologist never gave me the results of my tests, which I didn't like at all, and diagnosed me without seeing the test results, just based it on my symptoms, pictures I had of my swollen tendons and joints, and her feeling them as some were swollen at the time of my initial visit.

I will be starting Plaquenil after I finish up the antibiotics for the diverticulitis to see if that helps with both of them.

I do see both a neurologist and a rheumatologist, each for the respective illnesses. My neuro asked that the rheumy send him all reports and tests from my visits. It is not very common that someone with MS gets grouped, if you will, with these autoimmune diseases. There are common groupings but MS is not part of those groupings. So, Daisy Girl, we are the lucky ones, huh?

Hang in there!
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (11-12-2013), clarkstar (11-11-2013), daisy.girl (11-12-2013), Debbie D (11-09-2013), Erika (11-13-2013), ewizabeth (11-14-2013), Mariel (11-12-2013), Natalie8 (11-11-2013), SallyC (11-09-2013)