View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 05:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Desparate and Looking For Answers

I am new to this so I will apologize up front. I am desperate for answers and would appreciate any input, This will be lengthy and very difficult to describe.

4 nights ago I woke up in the middle of the night screaming because of a tearing, ripping, exploding pain shooting through my right breast. It took a few minutes to subside and I fell back to sleep. When I woke in the morning and went to pull myself up as I normally would, this horrific paid came shooting back. I had to slid to the floor to get up.

Let me describe this pain - as I said above it feels as if a knife is tearing thru the middle of my right breast beginning from the side and continuing straight thru to the nipple - it feels as if a 1000 knives are bursting through my breast and stopping the movement does not stop the pain - it continues on its course.

I was sent the next day for a Mamo and ultrasound--both have come back normal. This pain has come back several times (getting out of car; sliding out of a booth, walking too fast which caused bouncing). Yesterday, after being reduced to tears in the parking lot at work, I phoned my internist, who is completely baffled, she said to come right in which I did. She consulted with the neurologist and they both feel the pain I'm describing sounds like the radiating pain associated with shingles, without the rash. MRI of the Thoracic area shows completely normal. He is prescribing an anti-seizure med which I will pick up this morning. I cannot sleep in bed as the pain definitely will return there so I sleep on the couch 1/2 up and use my feet tucked under table to help me get up and even with that it will return if trying to get up from right side. Any use of my upper body muscles ignites the pain.

Has anyone ever heard of anything remotely similar? Thank you all for your help.
tkkd1029 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote