Thread: Ingrown toenail
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 09:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Chaos, I would check with a neurologist and pm dr too about the rsd and toenail procedure. You want to take all measures to keep rsd from spreading, but if you don't take care of toenail, it may become infected and that could cause rsd spread too. I know it's scary and I hope you feel better soon.
My dr told me yesterday that I have a heel splint and that I have to see a podiatrist about it. I've been having alot of pain, burning, redness and swelling my feet lately and thought it was due to accupunture I had, but had xrays done yesterday and they showed a bony splint in my heel of my left foot. I think that may have aggravated my rsd and fibromyalgia and caused rsd spread to both feet now. I have to see if the podiatrist wants to remove this splint surgically or not. The pain is pretty bad and I will also be checking with my pm dr next week and neurologist. I'm afraid too of more surgery, but if I leave it untreated and it gets worse, my rsd may get worse by spreading even more. It's never easy to decide what to do, but I'm having alot of pain and trouble walking because of it and the spread has already started, so I will probably have it removed if dr okays. I wish you all the best with your situation and hope you feel better soon. My thoughts are with you.
RSD ME is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote