View Single Post
Old 11-09-2013, 08:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks Tessa. You always have the right words to cheer me up. I've just been extra cranky because of my menopause and financial stress on top of my rsd pain. Now my Great Aunt is really sick (she's my son's Godmother) and we're very close. The nursing home said we can't see her until maybe tomorrow. I have a bad stomach again and feel like I'm going to throw up. And then there's the mountain of medical bills and other bills we can't pay and my son's college tuition and his rent due soon. OMG. I just want to run and hide. I'm so overwhelmed and feel so alone sometimes. I have a supportive and loving family, but sometimes we have our stressful moments like right now, and I just want to crawl under the blankets and hide. And the timing couldn't be worse because I feel like crap. I take percs 3-4x a day and have since I broke my wrist 2 1/2 years ago. Percs along with the Neurontin from my pm dr help me deal with the intense pain I feel most of the time. I don't want to take anymore because my stomach and haven't really except when I had my two surgeries and failed root canal last year. My stomach can't handle more than 3-4 times a day usually for a long period of time. But I can't seem to handle the rsd pain if I try to take less than at least 3-4x daily along with 1800 to 1900mg of Nuerontin. My pm dr said it was a low enough amount that it shouldn't hurt me. As for current strategies, I want to get an emergency rsd flare box like Bram said she had a while back. I really need to do that soon. Right now I usually take an extra perc (I try to take just three a day, but when pains really bad I take a fourth). Today is one of those days. Then I put soft pajamas on and go to bed and lie there with my heating pad on my stomach and sore areas. I also make a cup of tea, sleepytime or lipton with honey, and grab a chocolate bar and turn on a comedy on tv until the pain subsides. It usually takes about an hour for my bad flare pain to subside. I also talk to all of you for support. You guys help me so much and I can't thank you enough. I can take my meds in 45 more minutes and then I'm going to lie down again with more tea. I feel a little better now. The flare is passing. It took a good hour and a half, but I made it through thanks to you and all of your support. Thank you for reminding me again that I have made it through this before. I have to write that down. When I'm in alot of pain, I forget everything that helps me be more positive. Thanks again for all of your help and for always being there. You're a good friend. You are all good friends. I"ll talk to my pm about maybe trying other meds, but the percs and nuerontin really help most of the time. I'll see though what he says. Thanks again Tessa for listiening to me vent. I hope you are doing okay and have a good night. Take care my friend. Sorry for the typos, my hands are still hurtng and fingers don't want move to well. Thaks again. From your friend, Renee.
RSD ME is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote