View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 10:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlhperry View Post
Hi Folks,

My son ,Fred, and his fiancee, Karen, are getting married on July 24 then the following week moving to Texas where they will probably settle down as Karen was raised in Texas. Karen is having problems with her mother while she plans her wedding. Her mother gets overenthiastic and wants to be in on the planning. She is horrified that they are not having a church wedding and tried to get my support by requesting I call and ask to do a reading from the bible with her. I said no, it was their wedding and we should not interfere.

A few days later I came up with the stupid idea that the mothers could hold a wedding shower as Karen was using her younger brother as best man. Karen's mother loved the idea, but when I broached the subject to Karen, she nixed it. I called my son Fred today, and tried to explain that the mothers wanted to help in some way, but he said he didn't have time (he just let me know the date last week) and they wanted complete control of everything, and that was why they were paying their own expenses.

Now I am reluctant to even talk to my son. He must be loyal to his new bride who grows more like his mother every day. Karen's father leaves the room whenever Karen comes over because he can't stand the arguing between his wife and daughter and will not take sides.

Here I am ratteling on about a non-problem and poor Charlie is about to undergo shoulder surgery and Steve is nursing a recovery from a rusty nail in his foot.

Charlie, do you have frozen shoulder? I understand that they put you to sleep and manipulate your shoulder to break up the bone spurs and other calcium deposits. You will still have a long haul of physical therapy to keep it from freezing up again. Good luck.

Steve, sorry you can't get out to fish. Maybe we should all buy angler magzines and fill your mailbox with them. If you ever get to the Midwest, Minnesota, land of 10,ooo lakes, you might want to try to catch some trout and Muskie. Have you heard about the disease that is making its way to Minnesota? The infected fish are covered with large red sores. I have every confidence you will breeze through your speech. You have a great sense of humor, speaking of which, call me a dumb brunette, whose head did you place on Data's body?

Vicky

None other than G. Dubya..