View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

brainstemmed,

I think you are asking for doctors to do things that they simply can not do. There is no simple treatment, especially for memory issues.

The theme around here for years has been "Learn work arounds and accommodations." We have been remiss to not promote this concept lately.

I have memory tricks I use for my memory dysfunctions. I have very poor memory skills but go on with a functional life.

Nausea is treated individually. It needs to be properly defined as nausea and not another gastric distress issue.

Where do you live and what HMO are you in ? There are different services available that many do not know how to access.

What diagnostics and therapies did you spend $15,000 on ?

I spent over $18,000. About $10,000 was worthwhile. The rest was money down the drain. My HMO was not willing to help either. I was labeled somatoform disorder, too.

Keep in mind that there are brilliant doctors with outstanding skills in a specialty. It is extremely rare to find a neuro or any other doctor who is knowledgeable with mTBI/PCS, especially head injuries with no imageable damage or extreme symptoms. NeuroPsychologists often can diagnose the functional limitations but even they often list a non-organic cause.

Have you read the tbi survival guide www.tbiguide.com ? It is excellent. The links at the bottom of the vitamins sticky post are a wealth of information.

Do not demand a recovery plan. Instead, ask for help managing your symptoms so you can lower your stress so natural healing can take place.

We are here for you.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote