View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 07:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Rian

Wow, I'm impressed that you compose and arrange - I know exactly what you mean about getting it down on paper, I've lost so many really nice little pieces that I've worked on and then forgotten. I've got an iPad (I'm on it now lol) but I've struggled to find a good notation app. Mind you, it doesn't help that I've for the original iPad, and it won't accept some of the newer (and better) apps. I'll try it again though now you've mentioned it!!

Cello music....hmm...there's so much out there. I'm glad you've got the Bach, that's beautiful (it's been on a tv ad here in the uk). I love the Elgar Cello Concerto, particularly the Jacqueline du Pre recital if you can get it, she was such an amazing player. Another really lovely piece is The Swan by Saint-Saens - it's slow and beautiful, and I can just about play it (still working on it).

I'd love to try the harp one day, have a wonderful time with it today! I also find that once I'm started with playing, even if I'm having a bad day, I start to really get into it and time just flies. One of the benefits

Have a fab day,

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote