View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 08:42 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I believe it reduces the tremors - I wake up, tired, weak, still sleepy, but cannot blame only the ropinirole as I'm taking other medication. The stuffy head, I believe I can.

Will see my neurologist later this week. 1 month between appointments...

Rob.
my only other advice is to be proactive with your neuro and remember, you need him a lot more than he/she needs you and this will unfortunately accelerate with all the new patients being enrolled into healthcare plans. they likely aren"t going to call and ask how you are and assume you'll call if you have questions/problems.

i suggest you join a pd support group, you may not feel like you need/want support but gleaning just 1 piece of valuable info from a meeting can more than compensate for a 1hr meeting once a month. i waited far too long in joining a group, possibly because i was hiding my pd but now that insurance companies can't discriminate against you that reason is obsolete.

i suggest you buy a used copy of THE PARKINSON'S DISEASE TREATMENT BOOK by AHLSKOG. it's a starting point that will help evaluate what you read on the net and on message boards.

finally, research the other alternative which is carbidopa/levodopa so if you really don't like agonists you can feel comfortable with this option if your neuro suggests it. some neuros i've spoken to say pd'ers that progress the slowest seem to exercise, socialize and live healthy lives and that requires taking medication imho.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rob (11-10-2013)