View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 11:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Ooo Best foods for neuropathy

Hello, I am a 43 year old with 125 pound diabetic neuropathy with a1cs for the past 1.5 years between 4.9 and 5.2. I am able to keep my blood sugars under 100 throughout the whole day with fasting being between 84 and 93. Recently I have dropped my carb intake from 100 carbs to about 60 carbs a day and I am virtually starch free but the neuropathy keeps getting worse and now has graduated to my stomach. I have all the classic symptoms, feet, hands, face, arms and legs with small and large fiber neuropathy. I currently take benfotiamine, folate acid, methyl b12, niacinamide, magnesium malate along with a daily multivitamin.

I tried to see 2 neurologist outside of my city but will not see me without insurance. I did see the only neurologist in my city but basically said there is nothing he could do but a prescription for neurotin which is almost useless sometimes.

I currently just quit taking fish oil supplements and started taking krill oil and evening promise oil, How long will it take for those new supplements to start working?

I need some help with exactly what foods I should be eating, sometimes after I eat homeade vegetable soup with diced chicken, my legs will start burning within an hour after eating. Fruits for me are a big no no. Eggs and sausage cause my neuropathy to get worse because of the fat. So my breakfast is meatloaf (using natures own whole grain bread in the meatloaf as my only starch) and green beans. Below is a list of foods that I generally eat, all your help is greatly appreciated as to what I should eat to help me, Thank you.

carbs 60gr, protein 150gr, fat 80 gr

veggie Meatloaf
green beans
grounded flaxseeds
sardines
boiled okra
whey protein
soybeans
salmon
walnuts
pecans
veggie soup with wasa multigrain cracker (carrots, okra, broccoli, spinach, tomatoes, zuccini, squash, chicken, garlic, brussel sprouts, collard greens and turnip greens)
skipper53bill is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote