View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 07:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Vrae,

I'm so sorry you are experiencing the horrendous headaches that often accompany pain killers. Sure wish I could offer some advice but, I too suffer from these headaches. The one thing I have found is that using them for breakthrough only can make the headaches worse. What I mean is that getting on a lower continual dose the headache dissipates after 24-48 hours. Is there a reason that with full body and so many other things going on that you aren't on something that would give you a more consistent dose? When I was really struggling to stay on top of pain and in tears almost daily .. I finally gave in to adding a more consistent dose through a transdermal patch. I was really reluctant due to my personal views on medications and fear of addiction but, after discussing the effects of wind up pain in and additional side effects in trying to manage it on round the clock pills my doctor convinced me to give the low dose patch a try. Honestly, it has made many things much more tolerable. My moods have smoothed out enough that not only I can tell a difference in myself but my family and friends can also see it in me. It has brought my daily pain from an 8-10 down to a 6-8 and the side effects (headache, nausea and fogginess) went away after a few days.

Didn't mean to go on a tangent but, really think based on what you say that maybe something longer lasting with consistent levels would help you on a day to day basis and keep you out of the ER.

I do hope you the increased pain subsides soon!

Be Good to yourself!
Tessa
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (11-10-2013), Vrae (11-10-2013)