View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 07:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

hi Marie33
How are you doing with your meds?
Sorry I was away fro this site a few days.
Regarding what you were asking me regarding the combination of Lyrica and Amitriptyline. My neuropathy neuro dr. says he would recoment higher dose of Amitriptyline. But, I tell you, since my last post regarding this( must be a long time ago!) things has changed. I first started with Amitriptyline 10 mg for 2 weeks, then increase to 20 mg. And I am on Lyrica 100 mg in am, 100 mg at 2 pm and 150 mg at bed time. So then they started to increase it to 25 and then up to 50 mg. That was intolerable!! All my glands of any kind of liquid in my body closed up dry mouth, nose, eyes and every thing. So I went down to 30 mg, which I have been on for a while, but dr, sais to try to slowly increase it to 40. I tryed, but my throat closes up with hard mucus plugs at night, it is dangerous. I am down to 30 mg
You asked regarding how slowly I increased the dose, the neuro said verre slowly every 3 weeks or so
Regarding hair loss. Yes I do have a fair amount of hair loss, but I do not know if it is fram Lyrica, could be another symptom of some king of autoimmune condition.
I hope you have gotten answers to your dosing problems by now. I hope the medicine is working for you
Synnove is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote