View Single Post
Old 11-10-2013, 11:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookester View Post
Is there a reason that with full body and so many other things going on that you aren't on something that would give you a more consistent dose?
Hey Tessa,

There is a reason. Until last month I haven’t had proper insurance or medical care since 2009, when we lost nearly everything. Our business took a really hard hit. With the economy tanking no one would spend money on advertising, or in the consumer realm they were cutting out the expense of videography. My premiums were nearly $1k p/month and we just couldn’t do it anymore. For a long time I went without care, and then my symptoms got so bad that I went on state assisted healthcare, which was a joke. I have been limping along until my husband landed an excellent job last month and I now have a terrific plan. I am so grateful, and at not a moment too soon.

Since last month, I have been trying to build up a team of doctors to help me. So far I have seen my OBGYN, my PCP, and on Wednesday I will see my old pain doc. I have finally gotten a great referral for a Neurologist, but my appt isn’t until January 20 something.

I have tramadol and take that as needed, but not daily. I am on the max dose of Gabapentin daily, Soma daily and Voltaren gel; I love the stuff and almost wish I could bathe in it, and I use MMJ daily. I know there is a LOT of controversy about MMJ but it works for me most of the time. I honestly believe it keeps me from needing tons of pain meds. HOWEVER, when my symptoms flare it’s a horrible time for me from head to toe.

I agree that I need better pain management and I am hoping that some of that will start next Wednesday. I hate Percocet, and Roxicodone for reasons of massive headaches and nausea. If I do take them, I MUST take something like Zofran with it, and I have also added Ibu and rotate with Tylenol. I wish I could say that they keep me from the headache, but they don’t. Not at all.

My pain level has definitely lowered today as my muscles settle down from being over worked a couple of days ago. It’s amazing… like tonight I was “tossing laundry” (lol) and my arms get weak just folding a load of clothes. Ridiculous.

Anywho, thanks for the good advice Tessa! I really appreciate it!

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare. Japanese proverb,
Vrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote