View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 11:25 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katyzing View Post
Hi all
I am living in Ireland and going mad with pain from the two TCs I've been diagnosed with..numbness is on left arm, hand leg and foot, but the pain has gone off the richter. Truly scared of surgery or aspiration as people seem to be as bad or worse after..the headache is constant..Anybody here from Ireland??
Sincere thanks, Katyzing.
I live in MA but I have done research for the last 2 years regarding Tarlov cysts. I have found that fibrin glue surgery is less successful than fat grafts. I agree that Dr. Feigenbaum statistics are for one year only even though he follows up for 2 years. When I spoke with him on the phone regarding surgery he stated no guarantees. The nurse stated it depends what nerve damage before the surgery which can affect the result of the surgery. As stated by you, question whether be better after surgery or worse. This is scary not knowing and it is such an invasive procedure could possibly do more damage than before surgery. He is considered the best in the field but I still have reservations. If anyone has had surgery 2-3 years ago and do they feel better now or worse? Thank you.
Kathryn1
Kathryn1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote