Thread: Amantadine I
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 03:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I was stunned when my MDS told me I seemed to have gotten worse and recommended I take Amantadine. When I got home from his office, I investigated Amantadine online and found a warning in the insert that thrilled me: it said not to overdo exercise when symptoms of Parkinson's disease improve. I was excited but during the first week taking 100 mg each morning, I didn't feel anything. The second week I added another 100 mg each evening around six and felt tired, depressed and tearful during the day and had insomnia at night. That tapered off after a few days though. Then, the next week I added another 100 mgs at lunchtime. It took a couple of weeks after that and the effects were mild, but I noticed I was eating again with my right hand and that I had a lot more energy to do things. I felt like going to the gym and doing more things around the house. My foot is not dragging as badly when I walk. I am not back to normal but feel pretty good for now. (I am taking 1 mg of Azilect in addition.)
Canna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lab rat (11-12-2013), soccertese (11-11-2013)