View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 10:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

1. It is easier to keep pain "in the box" than to put it "back in the box". I have chronic pain, so I medicate it regularly, every day.

2. Things that work, may stop working, and may become a problem. I have become reactive to all the opioids and things like Tramadol. I cannot take any codeine product. I became 'reactive' to them very quickly and with little exposure.

3. Drugs that work for one person may be terrible for another person.

4. Aleve (naproxen sodium) works very well for me. I also take 60 mg of Omeprazole (Prilosec) because it is an NAID that is hard on my gastrointestinal system. I take two Aleve in the morning, and two at Aleve at night.

5. Cymbalta is an SSRI that is on label for pain, I take 60 mg of Cymbalta every night.

6. If I have a flare and my pain is much worse, I take Acetaminophen Arthritis Strength, which is stronger and lasts longer than regular doses. This is the generic of Tylenol. This drug should not be taken for prolonged periods of time, so I save it for occasional use.

7. I apply a heated wrap to my neck in order to get to sleep or stay asleep at night. This wrap is filled with beans/seeds and can be heated in the microwave.

8. I practice relaxation and meditation, specifically learned to deal with pain.

9. I exercise as often as possible, in a heated pool, stretching and mild aerobic exercise. I also use variable resistance equipment at the health club. I have found that for some of my pain, this exercise is the best way to control/stop it. Especially Interstitial Cystitis.

I haven't taken Plaquenil, Methotrexate or Prednisone for pain control. But I understand that they can be a great help.

Some people find that there are some foods that increase inflammation and they avoid them.

I have not found that, personally.

I have PN, DDD, CVID, Sjogren's Syndrome, Interstitial Cystitis, Severe Osteoarthritis, Anemia, Blepharitis, Meniere's Syndrome with Tinnitus and some deafness.

Hugs, Elaine
ElaineD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (08-06-2021), onlyhuman (02-23-2017)