View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 11:17 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Yes, interesting post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineD View Post
1. It is easier to keep pain "in the box" than to put it "back in the box". I have chronic pain, so I medicate it regularly, every day.

2. Things that work, may stop working, and may become a problem. I have become reactive to all the opioids and things like Tramadol. I cannot take any codeine product. I became 'reactive' to them very quickly and with little exposure.
1. Interesting way of putting it!
2. That's the flipside/double edge of #1.

Quote:
6. If I have a flare and my pain is much worse, I take Acetaminophen Arthritis Strength, which is stronger and lasts longer than regular doses. This is the generic of Tylenol. This drug should not be taken for prolonged periods of time, so I save it for occasional use.
Some who can't tolerate NSAIDs at all may have little/no choice. For those folks who have to take acataminophen/paracetamol/Tylenol longer term, taking N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) daily can help protect the liver against the ravages of acetaminophen.

Quote:
9. I exercise as often as possible, in a heated pool, stretching and mild aerobic exercise....
When you say "heated pool" do you mean like swimming pool temperature (83-86 degrees Fahrenheit/28-30 degrees Celsius) or like hot tub/jacuzzi/spa temperature (100–104 degrees Fahrenheit/38-40 degrees Celsius)?

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote