View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

Am happy to have found a Lyrica withdrawal symptom group, as well. Holy sakes, no idea about the addictive power of the drug. I have read many have found physicians didn't explain Lyrica was so addictive. I think they just don't know. I was on up to 600 mg/day under a neurologists care. I got what I thought was flu, so went to an Urgent Care and that physician was the one who told me that was far too high and talked about problems. Turns out it wasn't the flu, wasn't w/d either since I wasn't off it, it was a noravirus. Am on 250 mg/day taken once/day at night now and under a rheumatologist's care (she's the best). Have been on Lyrica probably 5 years, maybe more?

Have other underlying disease problems; but, whenever I come down with a noravirus it takes about 3 weeks to get over it and generally 2 weeks of that is chronic, severe vomiting so no drugs stay in system. So guess I do the periodic episodes of w/d.

I have found for other anxiety issues, an herbal remedy called A2X. If I start to get high anxiety, I take it for a week or week and a half and then stop it. No w/d problems. I'm sure all natural remedies carry their certain risks, too. So everyone should do a lot of research and make their own decisions.

Thanks to all who've been so candid on their experience. You are all pretty tough cookies to get through the w/d.
J Bar F is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote