Thread: Meds
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 04:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Bram, I understand what you're saying. Everyone's different and Lyrica is a medication. It is similar to the Neurontin that I take. I take meds that don't help others and visa verse. The fact that you don't take as many other drugs as some of the rest of us, doesn't mean you're not suffering as much as the rest of us. You just can't tolerate certain drugs, plus the cost of some are hard to afford. My husband has a good prescription plan thank goodness or I would be in big trouble. I've tried some drugs others take like cymbalta and morphine that make me feel worse. I also am afraid to try the SCS because of fear of infection and my scoliosis. It helps some, but my neurologist and gp said not to do it. After my two surgeries I was given morphine and it didn't help and made me feel worse. Demoral seemed to help me more. Some people prefer morphine. We are all different, but not matter what we take or how much we take for our pain from rsd, we all have rsd and rsd is painful and stinks no matter what we do to try to relieve it. It is one of the most highest ranked chronic pain conditions in the McGill Pain Index. I understand how you feel Bram. Hang in there my friend and take care.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (11-12-2013)