Thread: Meds
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 05:32 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I spoke to my pm dr about taking percocet along with my neurontin. He said it's fine because it is not a high dose and if it helps my rsd pain then it's ok to take. It shouldn't hurt me in other ways. I've tried to take more neurontin, but have trouble with the side effects. I also only take additional percs after major surgeries because my stomach gets too upset if I take more of them. The combination I take of percocet and neurontin seem to help me cope with pain better and numb it a little. My pm drs are really good and have helped me to diagnose this disease early on. I still have a lot of pain, but they help me cope with it and I trust what they say. My other drs are okay with this combination of meds too. This may not work for everyone, but it does for me. I know Vrae takes alot more neurontin than I do, but I just can't tolerate a higher does than what I already take. I've tried but couldn't handle the side effects. We are all different and react differently to side effects and the pain of rsd. But the one thing we all have in common is the intense pain and stress we feel with this horrible disease. That's why IMO we need to stick together to help support each other and try to educate others so that a cure may someday be found. I hope you all have a good night. My fingers are hurting so I'm calling it a day. Take care.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (11-12-2013), freebird36 (11-12-2013)