View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 05:44 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi shura,

You have every reason to be concerned about the ill fit of your bridgework. If food debris is accumulating underneath the bridge it will cause inflammation, infection and bone loss to occur. All of which will have a negative affect on your overall health. As you said, your diet is compromised due to the inability to clean your mouth properly so it needs to be addressed asap.

It is imperative to see your dentist and discuss a remedy to solve this problem. I know you have been through A LOT of work in the dental chair as well as financially. But the bridges may have to be redone and at this stage it would not be at your own expense. The longer you wait to see your dentist, the further the problems will become and the more likely your dentist will avoid redoing them.

I'm hoping your dentist can make a few adjustments to help you clean better, but if he makes the adjustments and they don't work.... don't wait too long to let him know that.

Please let us know how things are going...
Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by shura View Post
Hi and Greetings,

Seeking your advice. I recently have had a full mouth restoration; 5 implants on top and 5 on the bottom. A fixed bridge (complete arch) was placed on the top and on the bottom. Since it was first placed, the bottom part accumilate so much food, every time I eat, with no way to clean it at all. It is causing endless worries as it seems that sooner or later it will cause infections. I am male/62 year and I am also type 2 diabetic, and since I am not able to eat normaly (because the food remains under to bottom part) it also impact my ability to control well my diabetic condition.

I am very concerned that after all the expense (over $60k) and the long time the entire treatment took (over 2 years) it seems that it is not functional at all. Any advice or experience are welcomed.

Many thanks in advance!
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote