View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 06:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default LATE diagnosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy2012 View Post
I am not surprised at all that he didn't want to give you medication.

Like I said earlier, your numbers do not present as a problem to most doctors. And no, you are not diabetic, but your numbers indicate you will be. Keep on trying to find ways to lower it and find a doctor that believes in treating it BEFORE you are a full blown diabetic.

I agree with everything Hopeless said too..there ARE consequences to spikes. Problem is most doctors don't worry til it's too late.

Hope you get it figured out real soon.
Hi Stacy,

Idiopathic PN may not have diabetes or even pre-diabetes but she definitely has something going on with spiking blood sugars. Maybe she had other things that could cause the spikes. I am not a doctor nor privy to her entire medical history. I agree with YOU totally that doctors wait. When I was diagnosed, it came as a HUGE surprise to me. And get this........ the doc (a FORMER doc because of it) charted on the day he diagnosed me that I had a "history" of elevated blood sugars. NEVER did he disclose that to me in any manner shape or form. I guess when I had a 237 fasting blood sugar, he must have finally felt compelled to order an A1C 7 days later and it came back as a 10.2.

It amazes me how much a patient can learn from reading their own medical records, so many things the doc failed to mention for whatever reason. Maybe he thought not serious enough to mention or maybe he thought the patient would be too stupid to understand. Maybe he was afraid he would have too many questions to answer. That is also how I found out that I had severly reduced deep tendon reflexes. Reading my records also informed me that I have cataracts and borderline glaucoma. Never mentioned to me.

Sorry, I did not mean to go off on a tangent.

Glad we are in agreement on Idiopathic's need to get answers.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote