Thread: Meds
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2013, 07:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I just wanted to say that the fear of side effects on certain drugs or procedures could be harmful if disregarded. Yes, maybe the side effects will subside and help ease the pain of rsd, but some if tried could cause irreversible damage like paralysis or infection or spread due to our weakened immune system from rsd like with the neurostimulator. I took great thought in deciding whether or not to do the Neurostimulator. Though my pm dr thought it might help the odds were not great and the chance of me getting a serious infection or spread were. I was told that the chance of getting rsd from surgery was rare, though I still got that, so I didn't want to take a chance on getting an infection or spread from a Neurostimulator. I had checked with all of my drs and the majority like my neurologist and gp said not to do it and that some drs just want to do it to make money off of it. Apparently it costs alot of money to do this procedure. I decided against it and am taking my pain meds and exercise instead. Everyone is different and maybe the Nuersostimulator has helped some people, but it wasn't a chance I wanted to take. I also have scoliosis that concerns me too. I don't think that means that I made a mistake for not choosing it because I was afraid, because I think my fears were justified as did many of my drs. I got an infection after the two surgeries I had last year and also after dental work done in my mouth as well as rsd spread, so I don't think it's irrational to feel this way. It's just my opinion, but wanted to share my experience about this situation. Thanks.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (11-13-2013), freebird36 (11-13-2013)