Thread: Meds
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 12:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Renee,

I was in NO WAY insinuating that taking more or less medications by any of us was good, bad or suggested pain was higher or lower .. what I said was that I wish I was in her shoes and could get by with that amount and that she was lucky to be in that place.

Regarding fear.. yes fear plays a huge role in how we perceive any type of treatment whether it be medications, therapy or whatever. If there is fear or worry prior to attempting the said treatment studies have proven over and over that the results of said treatment aren't as good. That is not to say that all of input or research isn't good in fact just the opposite everyone should research recommendations on their own and discuss any concerns with the provider prior to going forward with it. With medication(s) I was simply emphasizing the need sometimes to endure a few side effects or adjustments in dosage to allow for the effects to work.. clearly I was not saying that regarding life threatening side effects but, the kind of effects like nausea, dry mouth, fogginess etc., that we often experience. Neuroodulation or SCS is a completely different story and yes there are risks and those just like anything else should be carefully considered before going forward. I never once indicated that your choice in not going forward with that was wrong or anyone else's choice for that matter. I personally have had great success with mine and although it doesn't free me of all my pain it is the only reason I can walk or stand up straight and so I am very happy it was offered to me. I only mentioned it on my list because like vitamins, I think it is an important part of my pain management/medication list and that is what I thought you wanted in your original post.

I never put you down or anyone else down for the path or scripts you choose. What I did on a few posts was ask you what you were taking because I was concerned that you were hitting several very dark places in a short amount of time and I wondered if you were being offered things that could space these lows further apart. I still question your doctors judgement in having you on percocet for such a long time along with advil and zoloft as the 3 do have deadly side effects. Especially considering you have stomach issues - that alone should be a huge red flag and at the very least switch you from Percs to something without acetominephen or suggest tylenol instead of ibuprofen products.. then add the zoloft to the mix and you are at an even greater risk for problems outside of your RSD. I am certainly not a doctor but, doctors have given me these warnings when I was taking the same things after many orthopedic surgeries and my sister ended up in the hospital with a massive silent ulcer after months of taking the 3 together that I mentioned above.

My comments weren't to offend you or anyone else. Yes, I did think Bram was asking a question and I mentioned that.. I am sorry if you were offended it wasn't intentional my intentions are always with a kind heart and concern ALWAYS.
"Thanks for this!" says:
freebird36 (11-13-2013)