Thread: Meds
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 12:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambledog View Post
Thanks Tessa. It certainly does take a while to get things manageable!

I want to just make it clear that although I don't have the pains you describe every minute, I do have them on a regular basis and daily, and they are hellish, as you know My problem is that my limited meds are to do with the fact that nothing I've tried so far has had enough effect on the symptoms to make them worth taking. All were tried under supervision of my pain doc and all given a chance to build up and get past the early intolerance issues. Last time I saw her we discussed the fact that my choices for meds are very limited now unless I go the route of opioids - and given my limited experience with them, and with the way my body has reacted to other meds, they would almost certainly rob me of the ability to work in the way that I can at the moment, and more importantly the ability to be the kind of mum I want. I can't bear the thought of that so I have the pain and a clearer head. When my kids have reached adulthood, I'll probably give the opioids a try.

I'm not offended, and I'm certainly not comparing my pain with yours or anyone's. It's not that I don't require much - I wish it were! Although I hate taking meds, I must confess to wishing I could take something that actually helped more. Ironically the low Lyrica dose does more for me than when I was on a high dose. This is a strange disease, and as you say, we (and our bodies) are all very different

I don't think me taking little meds makes me lucky or brave or mad or anything else lol, it's just the way me and my CRPS have worked out for now. I live in hope that me and my doc will find something that works better for me! I'd take that like a shot

Good luck everyone and have a peaceful night x

Bram.
One med that I was given when no med was working or was reacting to others was demerol it doesnt work the same as other narcotics I was told but it really did give me great help, its an old med and many doctors are getting out of it.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (11-13-2013), RSD ME (11-13-2013)