View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 01:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My doc did a reconstruction of my SC joint. He detached the collarbone from the sternum and then drilled holes and tied knots with a cadaver tendon. He wrapped the site with kevlar tape to keep it in place. A horizontal section of the inside of my collarbone was also taken out. The hardest part was that he had to detach the stenocleidomastoid muscle, which is one of my biggest struggles.

It is not so much the PSS that is the rare part. The Vascular guy said that its rare to have had my SC surgery and then to do a Rib resection.

My posture has not suffered to much, I stand and sit up straight. My right shoulder sits forward and my trapezius muscle is rock solid :/ <--- painful!

Lately my whole hand has been going numb and at times I feel like my elbow goes numb as well.

I asked my doc who is one of the top docs for SC joint issues about UCLA and he has said that he has seen many complications come from their surgeries.

The doctor I am seeing for vascular is a chief of vascular surgery at Keck Hospital. He is known for having very steady hands.

where have you read about TOS and blood clots?

Thank you so much for your response, it means a lot to have someone to talk to that does not think i am crazy.
whitwithPSS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote