View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 03:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Chaos,
I have a Medtronic's pain pump. Mine is filled with baclofen for my spasticity. I discussed Prialt with my pain management Doctor when I was in California over the past several weeks. I will be talking with my Neurologist about it when I see her next week. She oversees my pump and refills. From what I understand Prialt and baclofen can be mixed together in the pump. I believe this would be a good option for me. My pump is at my waistline. It does move around a little bit but is still comfortable there. The pump was a good option for me because I was on the maximum dose of baclofen. By administering it directly into my spine I can get a smaller but more affective dose for my spasticity. I do supplement the baclofen with oral on particularly bad days.

Chaos, I hope the pump continues to work well for you. Definitely a little less pain is great when dealing with CRPS/RSD on a daily basis. Thinking positive thoughts for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos View Post
I'm having a hard time finding people on the SCS Pain Pump forum. They seem to all have SCS's!

I had the test drive last week and it was wonderful! All for about 6 hours my feet felt like they were supposed to. If my bad hadn't hurt I would have done something that required standing. I did stand in line at the sandwich shop, when I told the doc that she was impressed, we both knew how long that line normally is.

It is for Prialt. I know the risks of this drug. So as long as I don't go psychotic, all will be fine. Well, not really, but you guys know what I mean. I do worry about short term memory issues, I had some when I went on one of my meds now and got through it, eventually it got much better once I got used to it.

I'm wondering if anybody has one, where did they put it? Above or below the waist? I'm thinking above because I'm pretty curvy and the only spare space in my clothing would be there.

How long were you out of work? Doc says it'll be a week at max.
- Injury 2004 L5S1; 2nd metatarsal left foot fracture; left hip fracture
Djhasty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chaos (11-13-2013), eevo61 (05-04-2014), moosey2me (11-13-2013)